8 hot Italian sausages (if you prefer) or 8 Italian sweet sausages (if you prefer)
2tablespoons olive oil
1large onion, halved and sliced
2large red peppers, seeded and sliced
1green pepper, seeded and sliced
2garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
1pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
1teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat the oil in a large pan, over medium heat.
- Add the sausages and cook, turning frequently.
- You want them browned all over and this takes about 10 minutes.
- Add the onions and stir up the browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Then after another 2 minutes, add the peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- After lowering the heat cook for another 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the sausages are cooked through.